torsdag 1 juli 2010

Waterfront Wanderings

Yesterday I explored some new territory with a loop walk that included the waterfront of several of the Stockholm islands. It was a little overcast, which was a change from the blistering blue skies that I have been experiencing so far.

I love those apartment blocks across the water. I walked along in front of them - it is all parklike with the occasional floating restaurant.

In all I walked on 4 of the islands - one of them (Langholmen) is almost completely park - it had kids playgrounds, an ampitheatre, pathways and bench seats - and it was almost completely deserted. The only people I saw were these German tourists on a segue-way tour. One person on a segue-way looks funny - a whole group looks perfectly ridiculous.

I think that I have been on about 7 of the Stockholm Islands so far - which is about half of them. I'll try to add another one to the list today.

A short post today - the computer is running a bit slow.



1 kommentar:

  1. I tried to send a comment and I got bounced right off today!
    Love those islands and the motorised tourists - I think I must try that!

    SvaraRadera