fredag 23 juli 2010

Swedish Furniture Design

This is a post I started while still in Sweden.... It didn't get finished as I decided I had to do a few more things before I left and then when I had 5 minutes we ran out of internet credit.

One thing I was looking forward to seeing in Sweden was the designs. I had hoped to pick up a few items of clothes with bright colours and bold designs, but it turns out that they prefer muted colours for their clothes (nothing in red in the shops - at all!). It would appear that they save all that design effort for furnishings!

The Swedish are known for being a bit out there with designs. It's for a reason people! Have a looky at these chairs. The ones on the left are probably not for everyday use (they are probably too expensive to sit on) but the ones on the right look like they might be considered as an everyday chair. You could see wacky chairs in most furniture shop display windows, so I assume  the average Swede likes a wacky chair.

Better than the chairs though, are the light fittings! Everywhere you go there are fabulous, out there light fittings. And not just in shops where you might wonder who would buy them - installed for use all over the place. There might be a law against having boring light fittings in public places.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar