tisdag 13 juli 2010

Windsor & Eton

On Tuesday Ali took me to Windsor. To get there we had to change trains at Slough train station - which was rewarding for me as the train station was used in several episodes of my favourite tv series from my youth (Press Gang).

It's great being shown around the place by 'locals' - a standard tourist would probably only go to the main gate, and you'd have to pay to get in to get a good look. Ali took me around the back where you get a pretty respectable look at the castle.

We then wandered around the streets of Windsor, crossing the river to Eton and peering into the courtyard of the school, and strolled along the river inspecting the long boats and swans.

Lunch was at a pub - you can guess what we had to  drink. Then it was farewell to Ali.

1 kommentar: