onsdag 9 juni 2010

Preparation, Investigation & a Weird Translation

2 weeks left on the countdown! I am spending a reasonable (or an unreasonable?) amount of time with this:


Preparations are ongoing for the trip - cabin luggage has been bought and I've finished all the spoken Svenska lessons on my disc (although I need to go back and check the file on Dr M's computer - I only got 9 lessons and it didn't sound as though it was the end). I haven't managed to start my written lessons (I blame housework).

Investigations have resulted in a program for weekend trips and an idea for how to celebrate my birthday. I have been researching online and passing the info to Dr M, who is investigating locally to check and finalise details. There is so much to see and do - hopefully I will find a lot of cheap/free attractions as I have found a lot of things that I'd love to do that aren't!

The first weekend I'm in Stockholm is Midsummer - one of the biggest annual events in Sweden. I've been researching places to go to watch (join?) the celebrations and I ended up on a website which did not have an English version - so I ran it through the google translator - with the following weird result:

Midsummer night is magical and long. The scents of mint, timothy, clover and sweet gale are enchanting. The night is never quite black, but gray and the shadows you can make out the essence of who narrated on for generations. But be careful, watch out for the Siren who beats chlorine in manfolket and not be tempted of the neck lovely tones. Join us on a magical journey to the houses and farms.
Maximum: 25 persons / group
Price: 2600 kr 1 hr. Entrance to the will.


What can you say to that?

1 kommentar:

  1. Beware?.....strange behaviours and ceremonies to worship the midnight sun?.....best take care.....be prepared!

    SvaraRadera