torsdag 24 juni 2010

Hej Sverige (Hello Sweden)!

I have arrived!

The flight from Bangkok went well - I managed a reasonable amount of sleep (due largely to my surprise upgrade to first class which meant that I had a lie flat seat). It was an older plane, so it wasn't very flash first class (ie no entertainment on demand - how old fashioned!) but as I just wanted to sleep having a chair upgrade was fantastic, as was having an empty seat next to me (it felt very private). Don't ask me the trick to getting first class, it just happened - I didn't do or say anything. It's just my lucky week - first the meat tray win and then the upgrade! I should go and see if I can buy a Swedish lottery ticket.

I am very tired now. We have been walking around town a bit with me just trying to stay awake as long as possible. It all feels very unreal - it is unlike anything I have ever seen before. From what I have seen, I think I am going to like it a lot. And not just because you can't go 5m without running into an icecream vendor, chocolate cafe or lolly shop.

I've already seen many amazing sights, but due to being too tired to hold the camera steady I am going to wait for another day before I go crazy with the pictures. One thing worth shooting today was some of these market stalls.



Strawberries for miles. There is a much heavier reliance on seasonal produce here - and right now, strawberries are in season - on these market stalls, a good 1/3 of the display area was taken up with strawberries - very good ones at that.I bought a giant punnet for my afternoon tea.

1 kommentar:

  1. You might return like a little barrel if you eat everything you see! Could be worth it though. You got an upgrade because you are a first class sort of person - I am very envious. Keep up with the reporting.

    SvaraRadera